Gateway Scholarship for U.S. Residents
HTIC offers reduced tuition for the first term of study for students with U.S. citizenship or U.S. legal permanent resident status who are applying to the Associate in Arts (Liberal Arts) degree program. This makes HTIC one of the most affordable private colleges in the Pacific region. Overall expenses remain competitive even with most public colleges. The Gateway Scholarship is awarded to a limited number of qualified U.S. citizens or U.S. legal permanent residents based on outstanding academic achievement. Only full-time students are eligible to apply for scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following academic eligibility criteria to qualify for a tuition scholarship of up to 50% for the first term of study at HTIC:
- Meet all Associate in Arts degree admission criteria
- Have a 3.5 cumulative high school or college transfer GPA
- Be admitted in good standing
HTIC Tuition (2018-19)
|FULL TUITION||$4,250.00 per term|
|w/ 25% SCHOLARSHIP||$3,187.50 per term|
|w/ 50% SCHOLARSHIP||$2,125.00 per term|
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (808) 983-4202 or the Office of Student Services at (808) 983-4187.
Global Citizen Scholarship for HTIC Students
Hawaii Tokai International College (HTIC) offers a limited number of scholarships to promising students who wish to earn an Associate in Arts degree from HTIC. To encourage hard work and success, scholarship awardees must maintain a 3.5 GPA (grade point average) in the Liberal Arts (L.A.) program to be eligible to apply.
Reflecting the aim of the Tokai University Educational System to promote international understanding and world peace through education, “Global Citizen Scholarships” will be granted in the form of tuition reductions so students may attend HTIC in pursuit of their academic goals. In keeping with HTIC’s mission, special consideration may be given to students whose eventual goal is to pursue a baccalaureate degree in peace studies, international relations, or other similarly focused studies after completing their liberal arts core requirements at HTIC.
Global Citizen Scholarship Award
- Tuition reduction of up to 50%
- Full-time Liberal Arts (L.A.) student status at HTIC
- Completion of one full term as an L.A. student (completed at least 11 credits and ENG 100)
- Participation in at least 10 hours of volunteer community service in current term
- Adherence to the HTIC Student Code of Conduct
- Academic promise
- Complete Global Citizen Scholarship Application Form
- Submit application and all requested documents (including essay and information on community service activities) by the dates requested. (Precise dates each term will be provided at the Scholarship Information Session and in informational brochures and application forms, etc.)
Continuation of Award
The Global Citizen Scholarship is awarded on a term-by-term basis. It may be awarded for consecutive terms, but no more than six terms in all. Recipients must reapply each term and also meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (grade point average)
- Full-time L.A. student status
- Active participation in the HTIC learning community and in community service activities (minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service each term required)
- Any student who violates the HTIC Student Code of Conduct resulting in disciplinary action being taken against him/her is ineligible for the Global Citizen Scholarship for at least the immediate successive (or consecutive) term. The student’s future eligibility is contingent upon approval by the HTIC Executive Committee.
Other Scholarship Opportunities for HTIC students
Check out these scholarships! Please note that HTIC does not endorse any of these non-profit organizations nor do these organizations endorse HTIC. It is not guaranteed that the applicant will receive the scholarship. The scholarship committee of each organization will decide who will receive the scholarship. Eligibility requirements vary. To find out more about these organizations and the scholarships provided, please contact them directly.
Hawaii Community Foundation (Hawaii residents only)
Gromet Foundation (Hawaii residents only)
Takitani Foundation (Hawaii residents only)
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (PTK members only)
Other scholarship websites
Hawaii Tokai International College (HTIC) encourages our students and their families to first explore all of the scholarship options listed above, including ScholarsApp.com, before exploring student loan options. HTIC students are not eligible for federal student loans (Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Sallie Mae Student Loans, etc.) but may apply for Private Student Loans. [HTIC does not receive federal funding, does not participate in the federal student financial aid program and does not have a Federal School Code/Title IV Institution Code for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).] Please see the links below for more information on private student loans (for information purposes only; HTIC does not endorse any particular private student loans):