Equal Employment Opportunities
Hawai’i Tokai International College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hawai’i Tokai International College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hawai’i Tokai International College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hawai’i Tokai International College’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Position: Adjunct – English (ESL)
Hawaii Tokai International College (HTIC) in Kapolei is seeking ESL instructors to teach one or more ESL courses for our College Preparatory Program.
Term Dates: April 9 – June 15, 2018
Possible courses to teach are as listed:
Reading Skills and Discussion
Days: Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday
- Master’s Degree in TESL or related field from accredited college or university at the time of appointment.
- Minimum of one year of previous college-level teaching experience.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in written form.
- Knowledge of teaching/learning psychology and methods.
- Intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and Google applications.
- Must be detailed-oriented and accurate in duties performed.
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong desire to pursue and disseminate knowledge.
- Experience teaching introductory levels of Sociology, American Studies, Communication, World History, and/or TOEFL.
- Experience teaching international students.
Hawaii Tokai International College an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching: 1 year