U.S. STUDENTSAdmission Requirements
Admission Requirements to the Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree Program (Liberal Arts Program)
U.S. Citizen / U.S. Permanent Resident Student Admission Process & Requirements:
- For admission consideration, students must submit all necessary application materials by the deadlines described below.
- Students with U.S. resident status who meet all Associate in Arts degree (Liberal Arts) admission criteria, have a cumulative high school or college transfer GPA of 3.5 or higher and are admitted in good standing are eligible for a 50% to 75% reduction in tuition. (For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions.)
I. Submit the following items to the Admissions Office by the deadline indicated.
Deadlines: August 1, 2016
Deadlines: November 1, 2016
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: April 7 – June 16, 2017
Deadlines: February 1, 2017
SESSION II: August 10 – September 15, 2017
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: June 29 – September 8, 2017
Deadlines: May 1, 2017
Deadlines: August 1, 2017
Deadlines: November 1, 2017
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: April 6 – June 15, 2018
Deadlines: February 1, 2018
SESSION II: August 9 – September 14, 2018
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: June 28 – September 7, 2018
Deadlines: May 1, 2018
2. Official Transcripts
– Submit from all schools graduated/attended since high school
– Transcript(s) must be sent directly to the HTIC Office of Admissions from the issuing school(s)
– 2.5 GPA is required for both freshman and transfer admission
3. Certificate of High School Graduation or Equivalent
4. $50.00 application fee
5. $20.00 housing application fee
(if on-campus housing is desired)
6. Letter of Recommendation
II. Applicant may be contacted for a personal or telephone interview upon receipt of application documents.
III. After admission is accepted, but prior to registration, HTIC will request:
1. Proof of Health Insurance
- All students must have medical coverage for the length of school term.
- Contact the Office of Student Services for more information.
2. Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance Certificate
- All students must present a valid TB certificate from the Department of Health or a physician using a Department of Health approved form.
- The TB examination must have been given in Hawaii within 12 months before the first day of attendance.
- TB examinations may be arranged through Student Services.
3. Record of Immunization
- Two doses of measles vaccine, with one of the two being MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine.
- The immunization record must be certified by a physician or a health/medical institution.
- The immunization may be arranged through the Office of Student Services.
4. Meningococcal Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine is recommended, but not required.
- Students electing not to be inoculated must sign a waiver.