INTERNATIONAL STUDENTSAdmission Requirements
Admission Requirements to the:
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree Program (Liberal Arts Program)
- College Preparatory Program
There is one admission procedure for entry to both the Associate in Arts (Liberal Arts) Program and the College Preparatory Program. After reviewing the application materials, HTIC will determine to which program the international applicant may be admitted.
I. ALL INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must submit the following to the HTIC ADMISSIONS OFFICE by the deadlines indicated.
|Spring Term 2018|
A.A. DEGREE PROGRAM: April 5 – June 15, 2018
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM : April 9 – June 15, 2018
|December 1, 2017||February 1, 2018|
|Summer Term 2018|
A.A. DEGREE PROGRAM: SESSION I: July 2 – August 7, 2018
SESSION II: August 9 – September 14, 2018
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: June 28 – September 7, 2018
|March 1, 2018||May 1, 2018|
|Fall Term 2018|
ALL PROGRAMS: September 27 – December 7, 2018
|June 1, 2018||August 1, 2018
|Winter Term 2019|
ALL PROGRAMS: January 10 – March 22, 2019
|September 3, 2018||November 1, 2018|
|Spring Term 2019|
A.A. DEGREE PROGRAM: April 4 – June 14, 2019
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM : April 8 – June 14, 2019
|December 3, 2018||February 1, 2019|
|Summer Term 2019|
A.A. DEGREE PROGRAM: SESSION I: July 1 – August 6, 2019
SESSION II: August 8 – September 13, 2019
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM: June 27 – September 6, 2019
|March 1, 2019||May 1, 2019|
|Fall Term 2019|
ALL PROGRAMS: September 26 – December 6, 2019
|June 3, 2019||August 1, 2019|
|Winter Term 2020|
ALL PROGRAMS: January 9 – March 20, 2020
|September 2, 2019||November 1, 2019|
|Spring Term 2020|
A.A. DEGREE PROGRAM: April 2 – June 12, 2020
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM : April 6 – June 12, 2020
|December 2, 2019||February 3, 2020|
Application materials to be submitted include the following:
2. US$100.00 Application Fee
3. TOEFL scores, IELTS scores, or official STEP EIKEN score report
- ASSOCIATE IN ARTS (Liberal Arts) PROGRAM: For non-native speakers of English, a minimum TOEFL score (61 iBT/500 PBT), IELTS score (6.0) or STEP EIKEN score (pre-1) is normally required to be considered for admission.
- COLLEGE PREPARATORY PROGRAM: Submission of TOEFL scores, IELTS scores or STEP EIKEN score report is optional; no minimum scores are required. For guaranteed placement in the highest College Preparatory level (CP5), a minimum TOEFL score (48 iBT/460 PBT), IELTS score (5.5), STEP EIKEN score (2A) or TOEIC score (530) is required.
- TOEFL College Code: 9831
- IELTS Website (IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP; IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations)
4. Official Transcripts
- Submit from all schools since high school, including language schools.
- Official English transcript(s) from overseas schools may be submitted directly by student.
- Official transcript(s) from U.S. schools must be sent directly by the school itself and not from the student.
- If transcripts are unavailable, a certificate showing completion of high school level education must be submitted.
- For ASSOCIATE IN ARTS (Liberal Arts) Program admission: 2.5 GPA is required for all freshman and transfer admissions.
5. Certificate of High School Graduation or Equivalent
6. Copy of Photo Page of Passport
7. Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
II. Admissions resources for applicants from Japan (日本語での資料):
III. After admission is accepted, but prior to registration, HTIC will request:
1. Proof of Health Insurance
- All students must have medical coverage for the length of school term.
- Overseas travelers/students insurance is accepted.
- For more information contact the Office of Student Services.
2. Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance Certificate
- TB exams may be arranged through the Office of Student Services.
- All students must present a valid TB certificate from the Department of Health or a physician using a Department of Health approved form.
- The TB examination must have been given in Hawaii within 12 months before the first day of attendance.
3. Record of Immunization
- Two doses of measles vaccine, with one of the two being MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine.
- The immunization record must be in English and be certified by a physician or a health/medical institution.
- The immunization may be arranged through the Office of Student Services.
4. Meningococcal Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine is recommended, but not required.
- Students electing not to be inoculated must sign a waiver.
Further information will be sent upon acceptance to the College.
Office of Admissions
Hawaii Tokai International College
91-971 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707 U.S.A